Tuesday, July 8, 2008

10 fingers and 10 toes.....

Well we managed to put another successful 4th of July in the books.....by successful I mean that we all have our important body parts still intact! LOL! As for our hosting duties....mission accomplished....we may even make it a permanent gig. Mother Nature couldn't resist having a little fun of her own, though. She waited until the minute we wanted to eat and let loose a big cloud burst! Where do people go when it is raining? Answer: inside. Ever see those potential Guinness record breakers that try to see how many idiots they can stuff into a little car? I am by NO MEANS calling my party guests idiots, but lets just say that my trailer house looked like one of those tiny cars! LOL! I will say that the brief rain made great weather for eating but it didn't take long before it got HOT & MUGGY! So much so that even the die-hard horseshoe players were having a hard time. Imagine my dad sitting behind a tiny tree for shade (when it wasn't his turn) and just when you would be getting ready to take your turn he peeks out from behind one of the three branches on the tree! OMG for the love of laughter--it was too funny!! Even with all of the pants peeing fun had by all, I am glad that there aren't any more holidays for a while. Unless you count the start of school but I think that is a holiday that only parents keep in their calendar! LOL! Here's to still having all 10 fingers all 10 toes! Until next time....
P.S...I got the staining done on the deck before the party--it only took 4 hours in the middle of the hottest part of the day--I think my husband was a little surprised! I will post a pic soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment