Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another wedding in the books.....


No...not mine -- 2 is enough for me! LOL If you ever find yourself not feeling your age and would like to feel A LOT older, I suggest you attend a wedding of someone you remember meeting when they were in the 4th grade. (I felt a little old even then) We attended my niece's wedding and, to quote Autumndaesy, "Man was it cold!" We went to the rehearsal the night before and let me just say......man was it cold! Three of our four lovely chitlins were in the wedding party. Unfortunately our little boy developed a horrible cold the day before and wasn't really down with being 1 of 3 ring bearers....I believe he missed out on the pictures but he did make it down the aisle -- right to where I was sitting :-) I was very thankful that the ceremony was short because it is not fun trying to get 2 little boys (and 1big one...the husband) to sit still and keep quiet. Lucky for the big boy it was an outdoor wedding where, apparently, drinking a can of beer during the ceremony is acceptable. (only in Montana!) Mother Nature thought it would be funny to wait until the guests were seated and then rain on us for a good 10 minutes....(thank God cousin Sandra went and got her umbrella -- she had said that she just knew that if she went and got it that it would stop raining! I just can't figure out why she didn't go and get it sooner!) Luckily Mother Nature relented....she sent down sunshine for Angie to walk down the aisle and held off the rain throughout the ceremony....and then it just got colder from there. Don't get me wrong, I love a good outdoor wedding as much as the next guy....I just hope that by the time my girls are old enough to marry that some geek somewhere will have figured out a way to control the weather! (Why not? They figured out everything else!) Congratulations to the newlyweds Angie & Jon Weatherman! Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment