Monday, May 23, 2011

I Often Wondered If I Was Related To Someone Famous.....

   As it turns out I have a daughter named Sacagawea. Last Friday my daughter's 5th grade class had their annual wax museum.  They get to pick a famous person from history, make a background, write a report and don a costume depicting their chosen figure.  A few years before my oldest daughter chose Ronald Reagan. (I think the reason was that she got to wear a cowboy hat which makes her think of horses....I know its a weird link but I think her brain may be part horse!)  It is fun to see all of the creative costumes that all of the kids come up with, not to mention the interesting reports. My mom went along this year.  When she read Madison's report she asked me if she had any help writing it.  Ok! Fine! I will admit it....she asked me to type it up for her and when I did I couldn't help but "revise" a little. I had a hard time with her saying 5 different times that Sacagawea was 16 when she was pregnant just so she could stretch out the report!......There. I confessed....why don't you shine a light in my eyes!)  Anyways, she got a gob of extra points for the project and I have to say that I am really proud of her for taking on the task and completing it all (mostly on her own....Good Job Madison!

P.S.....for anyone reading this who believes that I spelled Sacagawea wrong, I believed I did too but I am writing it how Madison did and she swears that she found it spelled that way in her research.  If she is willing to swear it, then it is my duty as a mother to believe her.......right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment