Thursday, April 23, 2009

Yeah! For Happy Hour, I Think.......

For all my Facebook friends that saw my page last night and for anyone else who missed it......I celebrated Happy Hour again yesterday with a good ol' Costco sized bottle of wine. (again) I stopped at my sister's house to visit and we decided that a nice vat of wine was a very good idea. Well, after it took me 1/2 hour to go from 5th street to the Grand to fetch the wine, it really did taste good. I told her that I just wanted a quick glass so that I could get home to cook supper. Well, 1 hour and 1 large bottle of wine later my phone went to ringing! It was the husband! I let my sister answer my phone. When he asked her what we were doing she said, "We are sitting here watching...(a slight pause) absolutely nothing on TV. I should probably mention that we had been listening to music and the TV wasn't on. She failed to notice that little detail before she tried to pull the wool over his eyes! HE decided that he was gonna stuff his pockets with some cans of beer and head on over. WE decided that he needed to go to the Grand and get more wine. Well, he liked the wine so much that I am pretty sure that he drank most of the second bottle by himself. (darn him....that is my favorite wine) We then decided that it would be a good idea to go uptown to pick up some pizza for dinner. A few beers and a couple of pizzas later we were on our way home. I decided that it would be a good idea to stay up for a bit and drink a couple 5 gallon buckets of water (and maybe a few Advil) so that I would wake up human in the morning. (Lucky for me 2 of my kids decided to wake up in the middle of the night.....if nothing else, at least I was able to whiz out a couple gallons of that water I drank) I decided that I would check Facebook real quick and see what was going on! Well, apparently I was in the mood to take 100 of those dumb quizzes that are hardly ever right, but at least now I know that if I ever want to get a part in the movie Twilight or Van Helsing I apparently am a werewolf. If I decide to be a superhero I could become The Flash because it says that I can run at the speed of light. (The people that made up this quiz obviously never had gym class with me) If I were a symbol on a totem pole I would be the owl.....it has amazing vision bringing the gift of insight -- its about time someone besides me realized this. (I guess it could have been worse...I could have been the hyena....what do you think, Ed?!) And last but not least, I found out that if I were and evil leader I would be most like Adolf Hitler, the 2nd most evil leader. I wonder who the most evil leader was......
I also apparently have a deep secret love for Bob Barker because I quoted him. You have to admit, it really is a good message he was trying to send and who doesn't love The Price is Right?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! or a spritely 80+ year old?!?! If only I were 50 years older I would be all over that!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you again on your blog. Sounds like a good time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! But I have to wonder...was wine involved this time as well? Just the amount of punctuation used, is why I'm asking! ;) It sounds like fun! Next time...call me!

    ReplyDelete